This blog post was written by Sandra Levine, a senior attorney with the Conservation Law Foundation.
Taking a Bite out of Global Warming Pollution
Posted: 17 Nov 2014 12:50 PM PST
Tackling global warming pollution is the biggest environmental challenge of our generation. That’s why CLF is partnering with environmental, business, and low-income leaders in Vermont to launch an effort to tax carbon pollution and save Vermonters money.
If polluters pay, Vermonters save.
We did our homework. An economic study shows that putting a price on carbon, returning 90% of the money to Vermonters pockets and also reinvesting the remaining 10% in clean energy solutions reduces pollution and grows the Vermont economy.
It’s the best cash-back offer in decades. Less pollution, lower energy bills, and a healthy New England for us and our kids.
You can read the economic report here.
While action at the federal level makes sense, we cannot wait for Congress to act. There are benefits now to reducing carbon pollution in Vermont. We can take control of our energy future and save Vermonters money.
To learn more about the Energy Independent Vermont plan, click here.