At a time when elected leaders in Washington, D.C. and other states are denying climate change—and even banning the terms “climate change”—Vermont’s leaders have a responsibility to recognize the scientific link between human activities and climate change. The Senate Natural Resources and Energy Committee will consider whether to approve a resolution that recognizes that climate change is real and human activities are driving this change.
According to the Committee’s website, the committee will hear testimony from:
- Prof. Gillian Galford, Lead Author of “Vermont Climate Assessment”, University of Vermont
- Colonel (ret) Jody Prescott, Professor, University of Vermont
- John McClaughry, Vice President, Ethan Allen Institute
- Gina Fiorile, Student, University of Vermont
- Paul Burns, Executive Director, Vermont Public Interest Research Group
Show your support for climate science and climate action by attending the hearing!